Russian entry Visa or FAN ID
1. Prepare for your trip, plan your itinerary, buy a ticket to Russia and reserve a hotel room.
2. Indian nationals require a visa issued by the Russian Embassy/Consulates in India or country of your permanent residence or a FAN ID to enter, stay and exit from Russian Federation. If a person is travelling by land route into Russia or to Kaliningrad (an enclave of Russia) from Russia, he would need to take a Schengen Visa for travel by land route.
3. The Indian citizen should have a passport which must be valid as of the moment of entry and for the duration of stay in the Russian Federation. If you are travelling to Russia before June 4 or after July 15, 2018, you must have a valid Russian entry visa. A Russian entry visa may be obtained from the Russian Embassy/Consulates in India or country of your permanent residence. However, if you have entered Russia on strength of your FAN ID, you are entitled to exit Russia on strength of your FAN ID till July 25, 2018, after which date you will have to obtain a regular visa.
4. Indian citizens can enter and leave the territory of the Russian Federation visa-free multiple times with a FAN ID (www.fan-id.ru) either in the laminated form or in electronic format if they have valid documents of identification that are recognized as such by the Russian Federation (Passport).
The electronic FAN ID needs to be exchanged to laminated FAN ID at the various FAN ID distribution centres in the 11 host cities or at the temporary tents near the stadiums, which operate only on match days. All the Indian spectators are advised to exchange the electronic FAN ID to laminated FAN ID at the earliest to avoid inconvenience and last minute rush. The laminated FAN ID allows an Indian citizen to access the stadium(s) (ticket needs to be purchased), free transportation between host cities and within the city on match days and various discounts the cultural institutions may provide.
Multiple entry with FAN ID (electronic or laminated) is possible from 00:00 June 4 to 23:50 July 15, 2018 (local time of arrival). Multiple exit is possible from 00:00 June 4 to 23:59 July 25, 2018 (local time of departure), i.e., visa free entry into Russian with FAN ID will be possible 10 days before the start and 10 days after the end of the FIFA World Cup.
5. Technical support points for FAN ID would be operational at the various entry airports (before Immigration/Passport/Border Control) and also on the land routes (Kaliningrad and Leningrad).
6. In case of loss or damage of FAN ID, a duplicate FAN ID would be issued at the FAN ID distribution centres or on match days, at temporary tents near stadiums - free of cost and within 5-10 minutes.
7. Further details on FAN ID can be collected from www.fan-id.ru/info or can contact on following hotline numbers:
8(800)775-20-18 (calls from/within Russia)
+7(495)741-18-18 (calls from abroad)